Simmer's Garden

A Simming BBS forum with an inspirational touch catering to The Sims PC games.

PortalHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
cheers We are now on Twitter! Follow us!cheers Like our Facebook page and Twitter page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to our following Simmer's Gardeners for the month of August: August 2 - hisgurl0627, and August 2 - Lilly LeClaire. We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Welcome to Simmer's Garden Summer Blessings to you!
Be Encouraged Today
Latest topics
» Daily Prayer For September 19, 2017
Today at 4:12 am by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For September 18, 2017
Yesterday at 4:19 am by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For September 17, 2017
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:24 pm by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For September 16, 2017
Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:09 am by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For September 15, 2017
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:31 am by CindaLove

» Sims 4 Tray Importer
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 am by CindaLove

» girard family single mom with her son for bbdoll
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:13 pm by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For September 14, 2017
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:13 am by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For September 13, 2017
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 pm by CindaLove

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm
Quick Shortcuts
Simmer’s Garden Staff
Traffic Feed
Affiliates
Donate
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
**Free**
Updated 2016
Coming Soon
Coming November 10, 2017

Share | 

Easy tip for Master-slave Build/Buy CC (Download Organiser required)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lizzy

Female

Capricorn Cat

PostEasy tip for Master-slave Build/Buy CC (Download Organiser required)

It can be a real pain to sort, organise all Build/Buy mode sets using Master and slave meshes. Especially when you downloaded a furnished house and most, if not all, Master meshes are missing.

The best is to always download full sets directly from the mesher's site, read instructions and check if you got all meshes, for all textures to work.

For the easy tip I'm explaining, Delphy's Download Organiser (DDO) is required.

I'm taking an example that I know well : Steffor's single drape curtain which has been mirrored a few years ago (by Eefje, if I'm right).

I opened DDO to scan my Steffor curtain folder, with first only my texture and the mirrored mesh (slave mesh to the original Steffor mesh).

Then I've run a scan for orphans, to test.

Without the Master mesh, the result is that my curtain texture is shown as an orphan (I had to tick the Show orphans box in DDO, after scan).

I checked in game on an empty lot. The curtain texture with only the slave mesh added in Downloads flashes blue.

I left the game and went back to the Downloads folder to add Steffor's orginal curtain mesh called steffor-dressingroom-curtain. Then I've run a second scan to check again for orphans.

No orphans found :

I checked back in game :

Sum up to understand :

- A texture package with only a Matser mesh will show up and isn't an orphan in DDO.

But

- When the Master mesh is missing, with only the slave mesh in Downloads, the related texture will be seen as orphan by DDO.

A small exercice for you with Buggybooz Kitchen Basic set :

In order to understand better, practice is necessary. I invite you to download BB's Kitchen Basic here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Download both sets, Master meshes and Slave meshes and recolours.

Then try and reproduce the process explained above with DDO. First test the BB set without the Master meshes added. See the result for the orphan textures and test in game to see what's flashing blue.

Second step : copy the Master meshes into the main BB Kitchen Basic folder (as all meshes need to be in the same folder with textures to help DDO scan and detect orphan packages). Run a second DDO scan for orphans. If all is good, you got all in one same folder, you should come up with 0 orphan packages.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Easy tip for Master-slave Build/Buy CC (Download Organiser required) :: Comments

No Comment.

Easy tip for Master-slave Build/Buy CC (Download Organiser required)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: Blogs :: Blogs :: Lizzy's Blog-
Jump to: