Simmer's Garden
We are completing the process of moving the old Simmer's Garden to over here. As we complete the process, you may need to update your password with the 'I forgot my password' function.
Thank you for your patience.
~SG Staff

Simmer's Garden

A Simming BBS forum with an inspirational touch catering to The Sims PC games.

PortalHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
cheers We are now on Twitter and Gab! cheers Like our Facebook page, Twitter page and Gab page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to our following Simmer's Gardeners for the month of November: November 1 - triciamanly, November 2 - Pierre1, November 10 - BBdoll3, November 15 - Nancy01905, and November 20 - MaAlet. We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Welcome to Simmer's Garden Autumn Blessings to you!
Monarch Butterfly
Be Encouraged Today
Latest topics
» Daily Prayer For November 20, 2017
Yesterday at 9:41 pm by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For November 19, 2017
Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:27 pm by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For November 18, 2017
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:42 pm by CindaLove

» The Sims 4: Xbox and PS4 Official Launch Trailer
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For November 17, 2017
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 am by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For November 16, 2017
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 pm by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For November 15, 2017
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 pm by CindaLove

» Daily Prayer For November 14, 2017
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 pm by CindaLove

» LGR - The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Review
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:15 pm by CindaLove

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

CindaLove

Most users ever online was 32 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm
Quick Shortcuts
Simmer’s Garden Staff
Traffic Feed
Affiliates
Donate
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Pin Us On Pinterest
Follow Us On Gab
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
**Free**
Updated 2016

Share | 

Prepping for a Change!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation

Female

Scorpio Dog

PostSubject: Prepping for a Change!   Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:21 am

Happy Tuesday!   mickeywave    strut    I hope everyone has a wonderful day. It's just about 5:30 a.m. here in Sac town and I'm up,  and at 'em again. Touch-up painting/packing (still)/clean carpets hopefully, or at least start to clean)/more stuff to Shelter & Goodwill.  It's coming together slowly, but surely.  I'm so thankful to my granddaughter who graciously painted my (Kitchen/Living Room & Bedrooms).   This was such a great help and stress relief to me, and 1 task off my - To Do List!   cheers  

I broke down Richard's PC, donated his monitor & other attachments to my daughter.  Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone on my progress. Those of you who don't know, I'm in process of selling my home, so have to clean/clear out lots of stuff.   bounce  I moved some of my large items and put in a "Pack-Rat Storage", until I find a place to buy and move. I just can't believe how much stuff I have accumulated over the past 17-18 years we've lived here.   affraid  

Advice to everyone, DeJunk much as you can during the year to avoid this nightmare that I'm going thru, just in case you ever decide to move.   I think I've made 9 trips to the homeless shelter to donate to the Woman & Children, and 4 trips so far to Goodwill, and I foresee a few more trips in my future. Hopefully on 1 or 2 more. I donated my RCA Color TV & 1 Microwave.  I still have 1 that I'm using still.  The reason for 2 microwaves was a friend gave us one that I started using as it's like a conventional oven which was much better than using my regular oven to cut down on heat.

I have not been playing my game at all, and I miss my simmies.   crying    But I know I will not get anything accomplished if I do, so best I stay logged off.  Okay, I just wanted to say "Hi!"  mickeywave   Have a Happy and Blessed Week to All!   mickeywave

Carlotta (BBdoll)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Administration
Administration

Female

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:09 pm

mickeywave BB! Glad to hear that you are getting things squared away and everything is going as scheduled. You are gonna be so proud when you sell your house and buy your dream home! extrahappy We know that you will be a busy little bee for a while, so drop by when you can! goodluck
Back to top Go down
http://www.simmersgarden.net/ Online
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation

Female

Scorpio Dog

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:48 am

Thanks hun!

Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Wishing you all the best for your real life project.

Me too haven't been much active anywhere in the simmmers community, snce last April, also because of real life priorities. This is why I didn't update my blog here.

It's also time for gardening at my parents-in-law's garden, as they both (close to become 80) are no longer that fit and in good health. But the bad weather here (with floods about two months ago) would damage some vegetables, like tomatoes. And just near the garden one guy got a corn field sprayed with pesticides... while we do our best to keep everything "bio".

HUgs Smile so as soon as time permits I'll be back more often here.
Back to top Go down
http://lizcreasims2living.wordpress.com
CindaLove
Administration
Administration

Female

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi Lizzy mickeywave I think besides real life priorities, summertime is a busy time for everyone since it seems the best time to get things done and also to just get out and enjoy life.

That has to be frustrating that you are trying to grow "clean" food and then a neighbor or someone does something like that to totally mess things up. I too, eat organic foods as my body just can't tolerate pesticide laden foods...

I hope everyone's summer goes well and as planned and we all can meet up here for simming and a chat when the time permits.

motorhome
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation

Female

Scorpio Dog

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:53 am

Hello Lizzy!  Great to see you again, even if it is for a short time.  @ Cinda, Thanks so much for your support.  Yes, hoping all this is over soon.

Blessings to All! mickeywave  

Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:09 am

Cinda, the guy having a corn field is into industrial agriculture, like many others in some regions in France. Having all 100 % bio is quite impossible because pesticides can't be got rid of in the soil totally before 20 or 30 years, or longer.

Nevertheless, it doesn't spoil our pleasure to be on the country side at least once a week, where we got still a nicely preserved nature (forests, woods, etc.)

I hope that with my daughter and husband we'll take a day for a special visit to an animals park where they got wolves (also white wolves) and other European animals, as well as tree houses now (for a week-end to stay). The park is called "Parc Animalier de Sainte Croix" (it's easy to find on Google, they got a site and a Facebook page, and you can find also pictures via Google, their logo present wolves).

Hugs Smile
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Administration
Administration

Female

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:07 am

Hope ya'll have fun, Lizzy!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:14 am

Me and my small family will do our best, Cinda.

Perhaps you know it : our situation in France is quite unstable with again a recent terrorist attack. I personally can't close my eyes on such issues, it makes me think of today's values and such and where do we go (worldwide). So I keep myself informed while I enjoy having some time for myself and my hobbies and other priorities in RL.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Administration
Administration

Female

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:53 pm

Oh yes, it's so sad and heartbreaking; it seems like this evil will never end. sad I pray that the French government finally takes this seriously and start fighting back against these evil terrorists! Stay safe!
icare
Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:55 am

Thank you Cinda for your thoughts and prayers. In the meanwhile, obviously life goes on, it's always been like that.

I don't know if I'm fatalistic or so, but if God allows some horrors to happen, my thought is that at some point individually and collectively (even governments) we have to still learn lessons from mistakes. As long as a lesson isn't learned, some situations are repeated and we'd have to face them, taking the right and useful actions. Also "fear is the root of all evil". May mainly God help us to understand our fears, how to handle them. Life is all in all beautiful, but also somewhat dangerous, with basically no pre-made comfort zone.

I know it's a bit a digression now, but some changes are in the air. I feel them and sometimes I'm anguished.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Administration
Administration

Female

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:45 am

I think [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] expresses it very well...
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation

Female

Scorpio Dog

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Lizzy hunni, I totally agree with Cinda.  So many prayers for everyone there.  What The Heck is Happening to our people?   scaredy  affraid  It's insane!  Did some peeps all wake up one morning and popped a Kill Pill?   Every day it's something new and worse than the day before.   Mad   Shocked  I just have to pray and keep the faith that God will make things better, or at least, bring a Calmness to all of this madness.   Please stay safe Lizzy.   I truly feel that since 911, things have changed so much here in the States. At least it has for me.  Anyway, many prayers for everyone.

trust  

Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:11 am

Thank you Cinda for the prayer you posted. I often read this forum area. Smile

Yes BBDoll, I understand all that you mean about all after 911. However I don't wan to fall (anymore or again) in the trap of anything that has been published (articles, videos) since that very dramatic event, with crazy suspicions and allegations that can't be verified or which aren't even historical or facts.

I think more that it's wiser to start with oneselves, on how we view life and the world, how we face things daily. Well, quoting Jesus... He said that the Heavenly Kingdom is within us. There's a place inside us that is never disturbed in anyway from anything coming from the outside area or from our own fears. I always keep this in mind. If we always only see evil all around, that evil "spirit" will have soon or later a hold on us, even if ourselves don't get involed in evil doing - but it's then a mindset.

Again, there's often a reason why some things happen. It's my belief that life as a whole is a school, for studying, putting in practice what we studied and learned.

Blessings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prepping for a Change!   

Back to top Go down

Prepping for a Change!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: Off-Topic & Other Discussions :: Off-Topic & Other Discussions :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: